NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Cobalt International Energy Inc. (CIE) are declining by -9.80% to $14.40 in mid-morning trading on Tuesday, after the company reported a net loss of -$95 million, or -23 cents per share for the 2014 second quarter, compared to a net loss of -$79 million, or -19 cents per diluted share for the year ago period.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected the oil-focused exploration and production company to report a loss of -17 cents per share for the quarter.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV