New Lifetime High Reached: Archer-Daniels Midland (ADM)
- ADM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $134.3 million.
- ADM has traded 484,485 shares today.
- ADM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ADM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ADM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ADM: Archer-Daniels-Midland Company procures, transports, stores, processes, and merchandises agricultural commodities and products. The company's Oilseeds Processing segment originates, merchandises, crushes, and processes soybeans and soft seeds into vegetable oils and protein meals. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. ADM has a PE ratio of 23.2. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Archer-Daniels Midland a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Archer-Daniels Midland has been 2.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Archer-Daniels Midland has a market cap of $30.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 1.00 and a short float of 0.9% with 2.60 days to cover. Shares are up 8.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Archer-Daniels Midland as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ADM's share price has jumped by 27.22%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ADM should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- ADM's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.28 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.77 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- ARCHER-DANIELS-MIDLAND CO' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ARCHER-DANIELS-MIDLAND CO reported lower earnings of $2.03 versus $2.08 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.00 versus $2.03).
- ADM, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 4.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.7%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Archer-Daniels Midland Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts