NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Regeneron (REGN) rose in morning trading Tuesday after the biotechnology company reported second-quarter earnings that surpassed analysts' expectations thanks to sales of its macular degeneration drug Eylea.
The company reported adjusted earnings of $2.47 a share, which beat the consensus estimate of $2.29. Revenue surged 45% year-over-year to $666 million to top analysts' expectations of $648 million.
Eylea's U.S. sales rose 26% to $415 million, which surpassed analysts' estimates of $410 million. But Regeneron, which typically increases its U.S. sales forecast for Eylea in its quarterly earnings, maintained its guidance of $1.7 billion to $1.8 billion for the full year.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. The stock was up 1.74% to $331.09 at 10:01 a.m. Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates REGENERON PHARMACEUTICALS as a "buy" with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate REGENERON PHARMACEUTICALS (REGN) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income." You can view the full analysis from the report here: REGN Ratings Report REGN data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV