NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The Walt Disney Co. (DIS) will release its fiscal 2014 third quarter earnings results after the close on Tuesday, and analysts are expecting the entertainment company to report a rise in net income, earnings per share, and revenue for the quarter.
Analysts polled by FactSet anticipate Disney will report net income of $2.04 billion, or $1.17 per share for the 2014 quarter, compared to the $1.8 billion, or $1.03 per diluted share Disney posted for the 2013 third quarter.
Analysts believe Disney's revenue will increase to $12.15 billion for the quarter, versus the $11.57 billion the company reported for the same period last year.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Shares of The Walt Disney Co. are down by -0.52% to $86.79 at the start of trading today. TheStreet Ratings team rates DISNEY (WALT) CO as a Buy with a ratings score of A+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate DISNEY (WALT) CO (DIS) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins." DIS data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV