CANTON, Mass., Aug. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- LoJack Corporation (NASDAQ: LOJN), a provider of vehicle theft recovery and advanced fleet management solutions, announced today that The Boston Globe has equipped more than 130 delivery and service vehicles with the LoJack Fleet Management powered by TomTom solution. The solution provides The Boston Globe with access to critical information, such as trip, fuel consumption and maintenance reports.
Working with LoJack, the Boston Globe will use the new fleet management solution across the greater New England area, helping drivers deliver newspapers more efficiently from Maine to Rhode Island. In addition to delivering the Globe to its loyal readers each day, these drivers are responsible for delivering the Boston Herald, Telegram & Gazette, Patriot Ledger, Brockton Enterprise, and the northeast edition of the New York Times .
"Since The Boston Globe was founded in 1872, we've always delivered for our customers. We're continually looking for ways to improve our efficiency, and we believe this will help us get our high-quality journalism into the hands of readers and give us important information about our fleet of delivery trucks," said Ellen Clegg, Globe spokeswoman.
The LoJack Fleet Management, powered by TomTom solution was selected based on its capabilities to develop a customized reporting method to deliver timely, accurate data. In fact, the SaaS (Software as a Service)-based fleet management solution was selected based on its advanced management tools, including a customized web interface for fleet managers and vehicle operators. Each vehicle is equipped with a fleet management device that has been designed to help measure driver behavior, such as idling and sudden decelerations, and improve safety and fuel efficiency.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV