Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) awarded Grand Hyatt São Paulo the company’s second annual CEO’s Award for Innovation for its empathy-based approach to building emotional connections with guests and one another. Evaluated by President and CEO Mark Hoplamazian and a panel of leadership, the global award recognizes one hotel or team that has fostered innovation to positively evolve the guest experience.
Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, led by General Manager Thierry Guillot, earned this year's CEO's Award for Innovation. (Photo: Business Wire)
Through use of Hyatt Thinking, which is derived from Stanford Design School’s approach to human-centered design, the team at Grand Hyatt São Paulo launched the “Sponsor of Love” initiative. This new way of expressing authentic hospitality to guests and colleagues has become an enduring part of Grand Hyatt São Paulo’s identity.
“Finding new ways to care for guests and each other as colleagues is the future of our business,” Hoplamazian said. “The team at Grand Hyatt São Paulo used Hyatt’s unique approach to listening and putting themselves in the shoes of others to redefine the experience for guests and colleagues. Feedback and results show the hotel’s colleagues are more engaged, and guests have taken notice of the deeper empathy and connection during their stays.”
After listening to guests and colleagues to determine their emotionally driven needs, colleagues heard loud and clear that guests’ preference for a hotel hinged on personal connections established with its people. As a result, the hotel launched an initiative and communications campaign to encourage new ways to build those connections and sharing of examples. A new back-of-house game allowed colleagues to move further in the game with each caring action and finish with a “Sponsor of Love” designation. There are now more than 250 ambassadors across the hotel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV