International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE:IFF), a leading global creator of flavors and fragrances for consumer products, today reported financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2014.
Second Quarter 2014 Results
- Reported net sales grew 4% to $788.4 million, up from $757.6 million in the second quarter of 2013.
- Local currency sales, which exclude the impact of foreign currency, also grew 4%.
- Operating profit increased 8%, or $10.7 million, to $153.1 million, up from $142.4 million in the second quarter of 2013. Adjusted operating profit, which excludes restructuring and operational improvement initiative costs and the gain on the sale of a non-operating asset in the prior year, also increased 8%.
- Diluted earnings per share (EPS) totaled $1.35, compared with $1.24 in the second quarter of 2013.
- Adjusted diluted EPS excludes restructuring and operational improvement initiative costs and a gain on the sale of a non-operating asset from the prior year quarter. Adjusted diluted EPS increased 21% to $1.37, up from an adjusted $1.14 in the second quarter of 2013.
Please see the information and schedules at the end of this release for reconciliations of GAAP to non-GAAP financial metrics.
Management CommentaryDoug Tough, Chairman and CEO of IFF, said “As expected, we delivered more moderate sales growth this quarter, reflecting a continued challenging environment in North America for our Flavors business. Due to the leverage inherent in our operating model, we were still able to expand both our gross and operating margins, enabling us to deliver high single-digit growth in adjusted operating profit and double-digit growth in adjusted earnings per share. On a year-to-date basis, we have achieved growth of 5% in local currency sales, 11% in adjusted operating profit and 16% in adjusted EPS. These metrics are in line with or above our long-term growth targets.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV