NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here are profiles of five companies that are reporting their quarterly results before the opening bell on Wednesday.
Of the five, health care provider Health Net (HNT) has the biggest year-to-date gain. Helped by the Affordable Care Act, it's up 44%.
Chesapeake Energy (CHK) is in fourth place, with a gain of 4.6% year to date.The only year-to-date loser among the five stocks profiled is Ralph Lauren (RL), which is down 12%. A common technical reading among the six stocks is that all have declining 12x3x3 weekly slow stochastics even for the three big winners. Let's take a look at the stock profiles. Two "crunching the numbers" tables follow. Chesapeake Energy ($26.83) set a 52-week intraday high at $29.92 on July 1, and declined to and held its 200-day simple moving average at $25.95 on both Friday and Monday. Analysts expect the company to report earnings per share at 44 cents. Chesapeake has a 12-month trailing price-to-earnings ratio of 15 and dividend yield of 1.3%. The weekly chart is negative with its five-week modified moving average at $27.27 and 200-week simple moving average at $23.18. Semiannual and annual value levels are $21.19 and $19.74 with a weekly pivot at $26.80 and monthly and semiannual risky levels at $27.66 and $27.78, respectively. Kass: Pressures Pile Up on Markets
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV