NEW YORK, Aug. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE: FL), the New York-based specialty athletic retailer, today launched a new television commercial featuring NBA star James Harden alongside NBA legends Charles Barkley and Scottie Pippen. The latest ad titled "Short Memory Part I" is part of Foot Locker's successful "Approved" campaign and supports the brand's position as a can't-miss destination for back-to-school shopping.
The spot opens with Harden asking Barkley how to start the new season off right. Barkley notes that Harden has already taken the first step with fresh gear from Foot Locker, and now just needs a short memory, because according to Sir Charles, "All the greats have a short memory." When questioned further by Harden, Barkley amusingly claims no recollection of his past. Scottie Pippen chimes in to support the notion that "all the greats have a short memory" by touting who the greatest Chicago Bull is of all-time.
"Achieving greatness requires never dwelling on the past," said Stacy Cunningham, Executive Vice President of Marketing at Foot Locker. "It's always about looking ahead to the next opportunity and staying fresh, such as finding the best new gear for the new school year at Foot Locker."
"Working with Foot Locker is a great experience for me every time because they appreciate my sense of humor," said Harden. "I'm looking forward to taking the short memory advice from these legends and to start fresh this season."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV