Since the company paid $1.33 billion for this stream, this asset will bring a loss of $344 million over the next 32 years.
Source of data: Silver Wheaton's Web site
TheStreet Ratings team rates SILVER WHEATON CORP as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate SILVER WHEATON CORP (SLW) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed ? some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- SLW's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.29 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SLW has a quick ratio of 1.98, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for SILVER WHEATON CORP is currently very high, coming in at 77.57%. Regardless of SLW's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SLW's net profit margin of 48.25% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 40.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $133.42 million to $79.81 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $114.83 million or 30.66% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, SILVER WHEATON CORP has marginally lower results.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SLW Ratings Report