Update: Article previously listed THC's unadjusted earnings and has been corrected to reflect the company's adjusted earnings information.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Tenet Healthcare (THC) shares are down -1.5% to $52.50 in after-hours trading on Monday after reporting a second quarter earnings of 17 cents per share, well above analysts expectations of 1 cent per share
Revenue for the quarter was $4.04 billion, ahead of analysts estimates of $3.9 billion.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates TENET HEALTHCARE CORP as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate TENET HEALTHCARE CORP (THC) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins."
THC data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV