- Company-owned comparable store sales (1) increased 2.5% for the quarter compared to the prior year period.
- System-wide comparable store sales (1) increased 2.2% and franchise-operated comparable store sales (1) rose 2.0% for the quarter compared to the prior year period.
- Net income was $6.4 million, or $0.36 diluted earnings per share for the quarter, flat compared to the prior year period. On a non-GAAP basis excluding one-time costs relating to the Company’s juice launch, adjusted net income (2) was $7.7 million, or $0.44 diluted earnings per share for the quarter, an increase of 22.2%.
- Total revenue decreased 5.4% to $64.2 million compared to total revenue of $67.8 million for the prior year period, primarily caused by a decrease in the number of company-owned stores due to the Company’s refranchising initiatives.
- Income from operations was $6.6 million, flat with the prior year period. Operating margin improved by 60 basis points to 10.3% for the second quarter of 2014. On a non-GAAP basis excluding one-time costs relating to the Company’s juice launch, adjusted income from operations (2) was $8.0 million, an increase of $1.4 million.
- General and administration expense decreased 6.4% to $9.6 million compared with $10.2 million for the prior year period. On a non-GAAP basis excluding one-time costs relating to the Company’s juice launch, adjusted general and administration expense (2) was $9.3 million, a decrease of $1.0 million.
- Global development continued with franchisees opening 19 Jamba Juice stores -- 13 domestically, including one Smoothie Station, and six in International markets. At quarter end, there were 857 stores globally; 258 company stores, 551 domestic franchise stores and 48 international franchise stores.
- 376 stores launched fresh-squeezed juice in the quarter – 120 Company-owned stores and 256 franchise-operated units.
- By mid-July, the Jamba Insider Rewards™ loyalty program enlisted more than one million members in less than five months, outpacing the rate of other industry leaders. At the same time, the ISIS® mobile wallet was used for one million transactions to redeem free Jamba® smoothies and juices.
Jamba, Inc. Announces Second Quarter 2014 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.