NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Avis Budget Group Inc.
(CAR) are up 3.27% to $60.02 after the company reported second quarter earnings with net income of $74 million, or 68 cents per diluted share, up from $58 million, or 50 cents per diluted share in the second quarter a year ago.
The rental car company reported revenue of $2.2 billion, a 10% increase from the same quarter in 2013, primarily due to an 8% increase in rental days and increased pricing in North America.
In its full year outlook, Avis Budget Group estimated that its 2014 diluted earnings per share, excluding certain items, will increase 25% to 39% from 2013, to $2.75 to $3.05.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV