NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Noble Energy Inc.
(NBL - Get Report) are up 5.29% to $70.28 after a compromise between U.S. Representative Jared Polis and Governor John Hickenlooper was announced today regarding Colorado's controversial fracking issues, removing anti-fracking measures from the state's November 4 ballot that would have allowed greater local control of the oil and gas industry, Bloomberg reports.
The governor and the representative said they've created an 18 member task force to study fracking in Colorado in an effort to appease critics who say drilling has caused too much disruption in communities, Bloomberg added.
Word of the announcement also affected companies with operations in the Rocky Mountains including Anadarko Petroleum (APC), up 5.02% to $110.92, and Whiting Petroleum (WLL), up 4.38% to $88.10 in late afternoon trading.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 53.61% to $828.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 18.80%.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.55, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.88 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- The gross profit margin for NOBLE ENERGY INC is currently very high, coming in at 77.65%. Regardless of NBL's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NBL's net profit margin of 14.34% compares favorably to the industry average.
- NOBLE ENERGY INC's earnings per share declined by 47.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NOBLE ENERGY INC reported lower earnings of $2.49 versus $2.67 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.11 versus $2.49).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: NBL Ratings Report