The Marvel Studios film earned $94 million in its opening weekend, setting a record for August movie openings. The production budget for Guardians of the Galaxy was $170 million. Disney plans to release a sequel to the sci-fi superhero movie in 2017.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 30.12% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 32.83% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DIS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- DISNEY (WALT) CO has improved earnings per share by 30.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DISNEY (WALT) CO increased its bottom line by earning $3.38 versus $3.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.19 versus $3.38).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 26.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1,513.00 million to $1,917.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, DISNEY (WALT) CO's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: DIS Ratings Report