Why Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) Stock Is Gaining Today
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Berkshire Hathaway
(BRK.B) shares are up 1.6% to $127.80 on Monday after reporting second quarter earnings of $1.75 that was 9 cents better than analysts were expecting.
Total revenue for Warren Buffett's holding company were up 11.3% over the previous year's quarter to $49.8 billion, led by increases in the company's railroad, utilities, energy, finance and financial products sectors.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY as a Buy with a ratings score of A+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY (BRK.B) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, increase in stock price during the past year, notable return on equity and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins."
BRK.B data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV