The company reported a 50% year-over-year increase in net income to $187.7 million, or 91 cents a share, which surpassed the consensus estimate of 81 cents a share. Revenue rose 43.4% year-over-year to $919.2 million, well ahead of analysts' estimate of $851.66 million.
Comparable-store sales increased 24.2% and the brand opened 115 net new stores in the quarter. The company hauled in $32.1 million in licensing revenue and received a 128% boost in European revenue growth.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. Despite these numbers, the stock was down 7.37% to $75.80 at 10:39 a.m. More than 10.5 million shares had changed hands, compared to the average volume of 3,291,510. Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates MICHAEL KORS HOLDINGS LTD as a "buy" with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate MICHAEL KORS HOLDINGS LTD (KORS) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results." You can view the full analysis from the report here: KORS Ratings Report KORS data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV