NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- QLogic (QLGC - Get Report) shares are down -2.08% to $8.93 today after the company's rating was cut to "equal weight" from "overweight," and had its price target lowered from $13 to $10 at Barclays (BCS).
"In March QLogic guided to 30% declines in legacy business and the news from QLogic from the June quarter was not encouraging with regard to the near term," said analysts, "We do not see much room for out performance for QLogic now that its share buyback appears to be on hold..."
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Computers & Peripherals industry. The net income increased by 296.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$3.05 million to $6.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- QLOGIC CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, QLOGIC CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.20 versus $0.80 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.91 versus -$0.20).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$16.62 million or 200.18% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Computers & Peripherals industry and the overall market, QLOGIC CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: QLGC Ratings Report
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.