3. Lastly, let's look at WageWorks, which provides consumer-directed benefits programs to employees to provide benefits and save money on taxes in the U.S.
WageWorks traded up a huge 11.02% on Friday to $46.34 per share.
- Friday's range: $42.59 - $46.45
- 52-week range: $32.88 - $68.31
- Friday's volume: 718,499
- 3-month average volume: 376,598
WageWorks is another rounded-bottom breakout, and they are reporting earnings today after the market closes. On Friday, shares traded up over 11%, and the candlestick engulfed the major moving averages. In June and July, WageWorks pulled back 20% and formed a double bottom at around $40. Then, the stock traded off that bottom, regaining around 13% of that pullback. Today, price action will likely pull back a bit, and hopefully it will pull back to the 50-day simple moving average. That would offer us a better entry on the way up.
The last time WageWorks formed a rounded bottom breakout, price action moved about 13% to the upside in a few days, so I'd like to catch that move again.I would look to enter somewhere between $44.35 and $46.35. I'd set a stop at about $43.78, which is the 34-day exponential moving average. I would target the 200-day simple moving average, at $52.30, 12% to the upside from Friday's close. There is resistance at about $50, so watch for a sell signal at this level. Good luck traders! Read More: Has the Auto Industry Peaked? Come see me at my second home and sign up for the two-week trial. You'll find a trading room with tons of professional traders who help each other learn and succeed. At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned, although positions may change at any time. Follow @aarongallaher This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
TheStreet Ratings team rates WAGEWORKS INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate WAGEWORKS INC (WAGE) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed ? some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including premium valuation and weak operating cash flow."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- WAGEWORKS INC has improved earnings per share by 28.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, WAGEWORKS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.62 versus $0.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.87 versus $0.62).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Professional Services industry. The net income increased by 39.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $4.64 million to $6.44 million.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry, implying reduced upside potential.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$10.80 million or 303.37% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: WAGE Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts