- Adjusted EBITDA amounted to R$1.3 billion in 2Q14, 19% up on 2Q13;
- Adjusted EBITDA from the steel segment totaled R$793 million, 28% more than in 2Q13 and the highest quarterly figure since 3Q10;
- The adjusted steel segment EBITDA margin was 28%, an 8 p.p. improvement over 2Q13;
- Second-quarter cement sales came to 564,000 tonnes, with net revenue of R$113 million, adjusted EBITDA of R$34 million and an adjusted EBITDA margin of 30%, all of which Company records;
- Gross profit totaled R$1.3 billion in 2Q14, 26% more than in the same period last year;
- The second-quarter gross margin widened by 6 p.p. over 2Q13 to 32%;
- CSN closed 2Q14 with cash and cash equivalents of R$11.9 billion;
- The Net Debt/EBITDA ratio ended the quarter at 2.71x, virtually identical to the end-of-March figure.
CSN Announces 2Q14 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.