SAO PAULO, Aug. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CSN - Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (BM&FBOVESPA: CSNA3) (NYSE: SID) announces its results for the second quarter of 2014 (2Q14):
- Adjusted EBITDA amounted to R$1.3 billion in 2Q14, 19% up on 2Q13;
- Adjusted EBITDA from the steel segment totaled R$793 million, 28% more than in 2Q13 and the highest quarterly figure since 3Q10;
- The adjusted steel segment EBITDA margin was 28%, an 8 p.p. improvement over 2Q13;
- Second-quarter cement sales came to 564,000 tonnes, with net revenue of R$113 million, adjusted EBITDA of R$34 million and an adjusted EBITDA margin of 30%, all of which Company records;
- Gross profit totaled R$1.3 billion in 2Q14, 26% more than in the same period last year;
- The second-quarter gross margin widened by 6 p.p. over 2Q13 to 32%;
- CSN closed 2Q14 with cash and cash equivalents of R$11.9 billion;
- The Net Debt/EBITDA ratio ended the quarter at 2.71x, virtually identical to the end-of-March figure.
The full Earnings Release is available on CSN's IR website at www.csn.com.br/ir.
CSN will be hosting conference call about its 2Q14 Earnings on Monday, August 4 th, 2014, at 10:00 a.m. (US ET) in Portuguese with simultaneous translation into English. Connection details may be obtained on the Company's IR website.
Investor Relations David SalamaInvestor Relations Executive Officer Phone: +55 11 3049-7588 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE CSN - Companhia Siderúrgica Nacional
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts