NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Morgan Stanley downgraded American Electric Power (AEP) to "equal weight" and set a $52 price target. The firm cited valuation, as the stock has outperformed over the past year.
The stock closed at $52.31 on Friday.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates AMERICAN ELECTRIC POWER CO as a "buy" with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate AMERICAN ELECTRIC POWER CO (AEP) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins." You can view the full analysis from the report here: AEP Ratings Report AEP data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV