SAN JOSE, Calif., Aug. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR), a leader in high performance networking, today announced that it has been listed as a Champion in Info-Tech Research Group's Network Access Control (NAC) Market Vendor Landscape. NAC technology is an essential part of the enterprise network architecture that helps protect corporate data by using management and security tools to proactively prevent unauthorized users, compromised endpoints, and other vulnerable systems from gaining network access.
The Info-Tech Research Group Vendor Landscape report recognizes outstanding vendors in the technology marketplace, measuring vendors by the strength of their offering and their strategy for the enterprise.
"Being named a 'champion' by Info-Tech Research Group recognizes Extreme Networks for our leading solution and identifies us as a trendsetter for the industry," said John Hanahan, vice president of product management for Extreme Networks. "Our Network Access Control is a complete, standards-based, multi-vendor interoperable solution that allows the right users have access to the right resources. The report serves as a testament to our vision and capabilities as we help enterprises meet their requirements for a secure edge network over wired and wireless."
Key highlights in the report include evaluation of Extreme Networks' strengths. Those strengths, as reported, include:
- Extreme Networks offers a strong overall risk management NAC solution well suited to organizations with complex and high security needs.
- With strong BYOD support, Extreme Networks controls access from mobile devices and encourages access with mobile-enhanced interfaces for both users and administrators.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV