Dow Microbial Control, a business unit of The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE: DOW) today released new data from several studies that further demonstrate the efficacy of Dow Advanced Oxidation System (AOS) Certified Whole Room Sanitization (WRS) technology for food processing and packaging environments.
AOS Certified WRS is a sustainable sanitization solution capable of reducing and controlling pathogens on surfaces and in the air. The system creates ozone vapor on demand using ambient air and water, eliminating the need to ship and store chemicals. AOS Certified WRS fills the atmosphere with a non-condensing ozone humidity that infiltrates even difficult-to-reach areas that conventional sanitation methods often miss.
Dow Microbial Control unveiled AOS Certified WRS roughly one year ago, at the International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) Annual Meeting in Charlotte, N.C. Since that time, the company has commercialized the technology and succeeded in providing effective microbial control in a number of food processing environments.
In addition, three recent studies have validated AOS Certified WRS’ ability to effectively control harmful pathogens, including Listeria, E. coli and Lactobacillus. Findings include:
- During a field trial in a smoked fish packaging facility, AOS Certified WRS treatments reduced the rate of Listeria positives on environmental surfaces from 12 percent to 0.4 percent over an 11-week period.
- AOS Certified WRS reduced Lactobacillus and E. coli inoculated on agar plates during two separate laboratory studies. In both cases, results were measured after a single whole room ozone treatment.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts