NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here are 10 things you should know for Tuesday, Aug. 5:
1. -- U.S. stock futures were slipping ahead of data on the services sector and factory orders.
European stocks rose on Tuesday after positive news from some major companies distracted investors from external risks.
Read More: 4 Stocks Warren Buffett Is Selling in 2014
2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. on Tuesday includes factory orders for June at 10 a.m. EDT, and the ISM Services index for July at 10 a.m.
Goldman also is pulling the firm's own cash out of its largest internal hedge fund, according to people familiar with the matter, to comply with other new rules limiting how banks invest their money, the Journal reported. Read More: The Tekmira Ebola Trade May Already Be Over 5. -- Media and entertainment giant Walt Disney (DIS) is expected by analysts on Tuesday to report fiscal third-quarter earnings of $1.17 a share on revenue of $12.16 billion.
It's expected that Disney will record year-over-year growth in its three largest divisions: studio entertainment (which includes DVDs and box office sales), media networks (featuring broadcast and cable properties such as ESPN and ABC), and parks and resorts (such as at flagship sites in Anaheim, Calif., and Orlando, Fla.).
6. -- Toyota (TM) reported on Tuesday a 5% increase in quarterly profit, topping expectations as vehicle sales rose in North America and Europe, offsetting a drop in Japan. Japan's Toyota, the maker of the Prius hybrid, Camry sedan and Lexus, said profit for the April-June period was a record 587.77 billion yen ($5.7 billion). Sales rose 2% to 6.39 trillion yen ($62.3 billion). Toyota, however, lowered its vehicle sales forecast for 2014, saying it now expects to sell 110,000 fewer vehicles worldwide than what was announced in January. Even then, it will still reach the 10 million vehicle industry milestone at 10.22 million vehicles, up 2% from 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV