SINGAPORE, Aug. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Platts, a leading global energy, petrochemicals, metals and agriculture information provider, launched on Friday a new daily price assessment of thermal coal as delivered to India, augmenting its suite of India-focused price references.
The new daily assessment reflects the commercial and merchantable value of thermal coal with a calorific value of 5,500 kilocalorie per kilogram (kcal/kg) net-as-received (NAR) on delivered basis to the east and west coasts of India, 30 to 60 days forward.
"This new assessment expands our product suite for the Indian market which is the world's second largest import market," said James O'Connell, Platts editorial director of coal. "The 5,500 kcal/kg NAR grade has grown enormously popular in Asia over the last two years, and India is no exception to this."
The new CFR India 5,500 NAR assessment is published in Platts Coal Trader International , Platts European Power Alert , and is also available via Platts Market Data in the Coal International (CI) category. On Friday, the commodity was assessed by Platts at $76.50/mt CFR West India and $75.65/mt CFR East India.Platts introduced its first India-focused thermal coal assessments in August 2010, with the launch of its CFR (cost and freight) India East and India West Coasts, and associated freight rate assessments, aimed at power producers, cement manufacturers, coal traders and ship brokers. These gross-as-received (GAR) assessments include 3,800 GAR, 4,200 GAR, and 5,000 GAR; and 6,000 NAR grades for both CFR East India and CFR West India. Platts' coal assessments are based on all-day market monitoring and data collection of bids, offers and transactions determined by buyers and sellers in the open market. Assessments are end-of-trading-day values from the physical market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV