Currency Market Price Action Forecast for Aug. 4-8
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- EURUSD -- Euro/dollar bearish trend intact
The EURUSD finally found some buying interest on Friday, as the market rallied modestly higher after hitting a low of 1.3366 last Wednesday.
The bearish trend is still intact in this market, and so we still prefer to wait for sell signals after a retrace higher. If this market can rally back up to resistance near 1.3480-1.3510, we will watch that area closely for a price action sell signal to rejoin the downtrend.
AUDUSD -- Aussie/dollar weakens, still within trading range Last week, AUDUSD broke and closed below near-term support at 0.9320 that had been holding it for some time recently. If price keeps falling lower this week, we see key support coming in down near 0.9200, the bottom of the trading range between 0.9450- 0.9200 (a trading range is an area of price consolidation where price oscillates between an obvious support and resistance level). Traders can keep a look out for buying opportunities near 0.9200 key support if the market tests that level this week.
Mixed Signals Abound: Tough Decisions: Jim Cramer’s Best Blogs
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV