NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- There is a new battle for the ultra-high performance car with seating for five and decent luggage space. The market's recent darling has been the Tesla (TSLA) Model S, which starts at $71,000 and sells for up to $130,000 with equipment.
The Tesla Model is whip-snap fast, has an outstanding instrumentation system and is practically roomy. Dodge, however, is launching an amazing new car that has up to 707 horsepower with an outstanding instrumentation, seats five people and has starting prices from $28,000 to $61,000.
With the 2015 Dodge Challenger, great looks are included at no extra charge.
1. Retro body shape. This 1971 "heritage edition" is simply in a class of its own in terms of appearance. It brings your mind back to a different era of American history and superiority. Seeing the 2015 Dodge Challenger makes me think of Dirty Harry and Bullitt -- a more classic America when many things were better than today.
2. Colors done right. Not only is the retro body shape difficult to get right, without looking kooky or as if you're trying too hard. Colors are, too. In this case, Dodge even got green right, a seemingly impossible task in the auto business. 3. Lights like none other. Companies such as BMW and Audi like to brag about having the world's most advanced car lights. After seeing the 2015 Challenger, you'll realize they have nothing on the Dodge brothers. It would take too much space to describe in detail, but you just have to see both the front and rear lights on the 2015 Challenger.
Jobs Report Allows Fed to Focus on Employment Instead of Inflation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV