NEW YORK ( LowCards.com) -- Mobile wallets have made a big splash in recent years, but a study shows there may be more discussion going on than actual use. Research from Thrive Analytics shows far more people in America know about digital wallets than actually use them.
According to the study, 78% of consumers are aware of the existence of digital wallets, yet only 32% have actually used them. These numbers include using PayPal on a PC. This massive gap implies shoppers are essentially staying away from mobile wallets, no matter how prevalent they have become.
There are a few reasons people may not have jumped on the digital wallet bandwagon. Some say they question the security of digital wallets, and others say they don't have a compelling reason to use them.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV