NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- On CNBC's "Cramer's Stop Trading" segment, TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, looked at shares of Gilead Sciences (GILD) , which continue to move higher while being surrounded by "controversy."
Read More: 10 Stocks Carl Icahn Loves in 2014
But Bernstein issued a report telling investors to stop with the worrying, and Cramer concurs. Competition likely won't be a problem in the immediate future and the insurance companies are going to pay.Despite moving higher by 35% in 2014, it seems like Gilead can continue higher because it still trades at just 10 times earnings, Cramer said. Shares, near $102, are up 35% for the year to date. Biotech leaders like Gilead and Celgene (CELG) can move higher as more investors seek out growth, he added.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV