The law firm of Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP announces that class action litigation has been brought on behalf of those who purchased the common stock of Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. (“Lions Gate” or the “Company”) (NYSE: LGF) between February 11, 2013 and March 13, 2014, inclusive (the “Class Period”).
If you purchased Lions Gate common stock during the Class Period, you may move the Court for appointment as lead plaintiff by no later than September 9, 2014. A lead plaintiff is a representative party who acts on behalf of other class members in directing the litigation. Your share of any recovery in the action will not be affected by your decision of whether to seek appointment as lead plaintiff. You may retain Lieff Cabraser, or other attorneys, as your counsel in the action.
Lions Gate investors who wish to learn more about the action and how to seek appointment as lead plaintiff should click here or contact Sharon M. Lee of Lieff Cabraser toll-free at 1-800-541-7358.
Background on the Lions Gate Securities Class LitigationThe actions charge Lions Gate and certain of its senior executives with violations of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Lions Gate is a film studio that produces and distributes motion pictures and other forms of entertainment. The complaint alleges that by the start of the Class Period, and unbeknownst to investors, Lions Gate was under investigation by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) for making false and misleading statements and omissions concerning a series of transactions (“Transactions”) conducted to prevent a takeover of the Company by Carl Icahn and his affiliates. During the Class Period, however, defendants misrepresented and/or failed to disclose the fact of the SEC investigation, the prospect of legal proceedings associated with the misconduct under investigation, and the Company’s exposure to loss in connection with such proceedings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV