3 Stocks Pushing The Services Sector Lower
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Media industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 39.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$18.11 million to -$25.18 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, RADIO ONE INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 15.39 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 2.68, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for RADIO ONE INC is rather high; currently it is at 68.24%. Regardless of ROIA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ROIA's net profit margin of -22.67% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- RADIO ONE INC's earnings per share declined by 39.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RADIO ONE INC continued to lose money by earning -$1.30 versus -$1.33 in the prior year.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.