3 Stocks Raising The Food & Beverage Industry Higher
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- CRAFT BREW ALLIANCE INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CRAFT BREW ALLIANCE INC reported lower earnings of $0.11 versus $0.13 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.24 versus $0.11).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Beverages industry and the overall market, CRAFT BREW ALLIANCE INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CRAFT BREW ALLIANCE INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 31.80%. Regardless of BREW's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BREW's net profit margin of -0.45% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.