BOSTON, Aug. 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Shares in L3 Communications Holdings, Inc. ("L3" or the "Company") (NYSE: LLL) declined 12% to its lowest trading price in 2014, on news of accounting misconduct at its Aerospace Systems segment. It was reported that four employees were terminated, and L3 indicated that it will need to adjust its prior financial results due to misconduct and accounting errors. The errors relate to contract cost overruns that were inappropriately deferred and overstatements of net sales relating to a fixed-price maintenance and logistics support contract.
L3 stated that it currently expects to incur an aggregate pre-tax charge of $84 million against operating income and a related reduction in net sales of approximately $43 million. Of these charges $50 million relates to periods prior to 2014, and approximately $34 million relates to the first half of 2014 with approximately $30 million relating to the second quarter of 2014.
If you purchased L3 stock and have questions about your legal rights, or if you have information relevant to this investigation, please contact attorney Steven P. Harte of Block & Leviton LLP at (617) 398-5600 or at email@example.com. Confidentiality to any whistleblowers or other persons with information relevant to the investigation is assured.
Block & Leviton is a Boston-based law firm representing investors for violations of securities laws. The firm's lawyers have collectively been prosecuting securities cases on behalf of investors for over 50 years.This notice may constitute attorney advertising. Contact: BLOCK & LEVITON LLP Steven P. Harte(617) 398-5600 Steven@blockesq.com SOURCE Block & Leviton LLP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV