NEW YORK (TheStreet) --Shares of YRC Worldwide Inc. (YRCW) are lower by -17.69% to $21.55 in mid-morning trading on Friday, after the trucking company reported a net loss of -$4.9 million, or -16 cents per share for the 2014 second quarter, compared to a net loss of -$15.1 million, or -$1.72 per share from the year ago period.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected YRC Worldwide to report a loss of -1 cent per share.
Second quarter results were impacted by "the network not being fully in cycle which resulted in a decrease in productivities, the re-handling of freight and less than optimal use of purchased transportation," company CEO James Welch said.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
However, the company posted an increase in operating revenue to $1.32 billion versus $1.24 billion, beating the consensus estimate of $1.31 billion.
YRCW data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV