Watch For Today's Momo Momentum Stock: Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN)
- REGN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $253.5 million.
- REGN has a PE ratio of 92.3.
- REGN is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- REGN is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- REGN is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- REGN is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- REGN has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 2%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in REGN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for REGN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on REGN: Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions in the United States and internationally. REGN has a PE ratio of 92.3. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Regeneron Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals has been 841,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Regeneron has a market cap of $31.9 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.78 and a short float of 6.1% with 5.13 days to cover. Shares are up 14.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Regeneron Pharmaceuticals as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- REGN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 36.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 42.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- REGN's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.24 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.56, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- REGENERON PHARMACEUTICALS's earnings per share declined by 35.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, REGENERON PHARMACEUTICALS reported lower earnings of $3.80 versus $6.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($10.03 versus $3.80).
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $53.53 million or 37.93% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow REGENERON PHARMACEUTICALS is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -71.74%.
- You can view the full Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts