New Lifetime High Today: Community Health Systems (CYH)
- CYH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $94.4 million.
- CYH has traded 724,247 shares today.
- CYH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CYH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CYH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CYH: Community Health Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides general and specialized hospital healthcare services to patients in the United States. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Community Health Systems a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Community Health Systems has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Community Health Systems has a market cap of $5.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.78 and a short float of 5.9% with 3.58 days to cover. Shares are up 21.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Community Health Systems as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 16.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 28.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The gross profit margin for COMMUNITY HEALTH SYSTEMS INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 14.49%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -2.66% trails that of the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 241.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $79.00 million to -$112.00 million.
- You can view the full Community Health Systems Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts