10 Stocks Carl Icahn Loves in 2014
NEW YORK (Stockpickr) -- At Stockpickr, we track the top holdings of a variety of high-profile investors, such as Warren Buffett and George Soros.
One of our most popular professional portfolios is that of Carl Icahn's Icahn Capital. Today, we're taking a closer look at Icahn's top 10 holdings as of the most recently reported quarter ended June 30.
Read More: Warren Buffett's Top 10 Dividend Stocks
10. TransoceanTransocean (RIG) comprises 2.5% of Icahn's portfolio as of the most recently reported quarter. Icahn maintained his 21.5 million-share position from the previous quarter. TheStreet Ratings team rates Transocean a buy with a Ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings team has this to say about its recommendation:
"We rate Transocean (RIG) a buy. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings team are as follows:
- Transocean reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, Transocean increased its bottom line by earning $3.88 versus $2.24 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.49 versus $3.88).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income increased by 91.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $307.00 million to $587.00 million.
- 47.90% is the gross profit margin for Transocean which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 25.21% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 52.88% to $636.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 27.43%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: RIG Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV