NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- BlackBerry (BBRY) said its messaging system BBM, or BlackBerry Messenger, would now be open to those using the Microsoft (MSFT) Windows phone platform, a move that potentially makes the messaging service more appealing to its enterprise clients, Reuters reports..
Shares of BlackBerry closed down -3.91% to $9.33 yesterday.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- BLACKBERRY LTD has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, BLACKBERRY LTD reported poor results of -$11.17 versus -$1.20 in the prior year.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Computers & Peripherals industry and the overall market, BLACKBERRY LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $302.00 million or 52.06% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- BBRY, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 8.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 68.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.36, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that BBRY's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.11 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BBRY Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts