5 M&A Deal Stocks to Watch for Premium Gains
2014 has been a big year for mergers and acquisitions so far. Year-to-date, deal volume is up 72% to $2.5 trillion. In the U.S., where equity markets have been on fire for the last two years now, M&A volumes are up a whopping 85.3% since the calendar flipped to January. A lot of that huge transaction volume has to do with the fact that suitors don't have many options to deploy their cash right now.
Even though the broad market has rallied hard in the last year, there are still pockets of value, particularly in some individual small-cap stocks. Likewise, with low interest rates and more cash than ever before parked on corporate balance sheets, large companies are in search of ways to earn meaningful ROI on that $1.25 trillion mountain of corporate cash.
Read More: Warren Buffett's Top 10 Dividend StocksSo as management teams come to the realization that they need to either put money to work or hand it back to investors, acquisitions are looking a whole lot more appealing again. Mergers and acquisitions can provide amazing value for purchasing firms' balance sheets -- and they can provide instant gratification for shareholders in the target firm. Too often, investors think that there’s no money to be made once a deal has been announced, but that’s just plain wrong; between merger arbitrage opportunities and value creation for acquiring firms, it’s worth paying attention to Wall Street’s deal book. So that's exactly what we're doing this week. With that, let's take a look at four M&A deal stocks worth watching right now. Read More: 8 Stocks George Soros Is Buying
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV