- Risk Assessment: NORA addresses several issues concerning management of risk and differences in procedures. Currently, there is no other guide that addresses these issues for the increasing number of procedures being performed outside the operating room setting.
- Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory: Over the years, the use of the electrophysiology lab (EPL) and cardiac catheterization laboratory (CCL) in the care of the critically ill patient has greatly evolved. The procedures are often more complex, time consuming and technically challenging. To help ensure patient safety and success of the procedure, it is imperative that there is effective collaboration between the cardiologist and the anesthesiologist.
- Patient Assessment: A pre-procedure history must include not only the typical questions of a normal health examination, but also a comprehensive review of all previous cardiac interventions. Circumstances in which a procedure should be postponed or cancelled are presented.
- Anesthetic Considerations: Unlike the operating room where delivering an anesthetic is a structured and consistent process, this is not the case in remote locations, as each venue has specialty equipment. Important communication in the venue along with key preparation for anticipated concerns or complications are addressed.
Elsevier Publishes First Edition Of Non-Operating Room Anesthesia
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.