Conn’s, Inc. (NASDAQ:CONN), a specialty retailer of furniture, mattresses, home appliances, consumer electronics and provider of consumer credit, today announced that William E. Saunders, Jr. has been appointed to its Board of Directors, effective as of August 1, 2014. Mr. Saunders will also become a member of the Audit Committee and the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee.
Mr. Saunders has served as Chief Executive Officer of Community Choice Financial since June 2008, after joining the company as its Chief Financial Officer in March 2006. In May 2014, he was appointed as Chairman of the Board. Community Choice Financial is a leading retailer of alternative consumer financial services and products, including offering short- and medium-term consumer loans, prepaid debit cards and check cashing services. It operates through a network of more than 500 retail locations as well as an online platform.
Mr. Saunders formerly held various positions in the investment banking industry with Stephens, Inc., Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin and SunTrust Equitable Securities after beginning his career with Arthur Andersen, LLP. Mr. Saunders is an active member and serves on the boards of several national trade associations. He is a graduate of Washington and Lee University and is a certified public accountant.
Theodore M. Wright, Conn’s Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “We are very pleased that Ted Saunders has joined our Board of Directors. He will add valuable insight given his extensive investment banking, consumer finance and operations background.”About Conn’s, Inc. Conn’s is a specialty retailer currently operating retail locations in Arizona, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. The company’s primary product categories include:
- Furniture and mattress, including furniture and related accessories for the living room, dining room and bedroom, as well as both traditional and specialty mattresses;
- Home appliance, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges;
- Consumer electronic, including LCD, LED, 3-D, Ultra HD and plasma televisions, Blu-ray players, home theater and video game products, digital cameras and portable audio equipment; and
- Home office, including computers, tablets, printers and accessories.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts