2Q total revenue of $43.4 million, up 23% year-over-year
2Q non-GAAP earnings of $(0.07), up 50% year-over-year
PALO ALTO, Calif., July 31, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Jive Software, Inc. (Nasdaq:JIVE), the world's leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business, today announced financial results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2014."Jive delivered second quarter results that exceeded our guidance from both a revenue and profitability perspective. However, we also experienced a more challenging sales environment that resulted in elongated sales cycles, including several larger opportunities that did not close by the end of the quarter," said Tony Zingale, Chairman & CEO of Jive Software. Zingale added, "We are continuing to execute against our go-to-market strategy and although it has been well received by customers we believe it will take additional time to fully recognize the benefits in our results. We remain enthusiastic about the long-term prospects associated with the global enterprise communication and collaboration market. We believe we are well positioned to capitalize on this opportunity with our unmatched platform, functionality and track record of delivering customer success." Second Quarter 2014 Financial Highlights
- Revenue: Total revenue for the second quarter was $43.4 million, an increase of 23% on a year-over-year basis. Within total revenue, product revenue was $39.0 million for the second quarter, an increase of 24% on a year-over-year basis. Professional Services revenue for the second quarter was $4.3 million, an increase of 18% on a year-over-year basis.
- Non-GAAP Billings: Short-term billings, which Jive defines as revenue plus the change in short-term deferred revenue, were $46.1 million for the second quarter, an increase of 10% on a year-over-year basis. Total billings, which Jive defines as revenue plus the change in short and long-term deferred revenue, was $40.8 million compared to $42.0 in the year-ago period.
- Gross Profit: GAAP gross profit for the second quarter was $26.7 million, compared to $21.5 million for the second quarter of 2013. Non-GAAP gross profit was $28.6 million for the second quarter, representing a year-over-year increase of 22% and a non-GAAP gross margin of 66%.
- Loss from Operations: GAAP loss from operations for the second quarter was $14.4 million, compared to a loss of $18.8 million for the second quarter of 2013. Non-GAAP loss from operations was $4.4 million for the second quarter, compared to a loss of $9.2 million for the second quarter of 2013.
- Net Loss: GAAP net loss for the second quarter was $14.6 million, compared to a net loss of $17.8 million for the same period last year. GAAP net loss per share for the second quarter was $0.21 based on 70.2 million weighted-average shares outstanding, compared to a net loss per share of $0.27 based on 66.8 million weighted-average shares outstanding for the same period last year.
- Balance Sheet and Cash Flow: As of June 30, 2014, Jive had cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities of $139.2 million, a decrease of $100 thousand from $139.3 million at the end of the first quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV