MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., July 31, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LinkedIn Corporation (NYSE:LNKD), the world's largest professional network on the Internet, with over 300 million members, reported its quarterly results for the second quarter of 2014:
- Revenue for the second quarter was $534 million, an increase of 47% compared to $364 million in the second quarter of 2013.
- Net loss attributable to common stockholders for the second quarter was $1.0 million, compared to net income of $3.7 million for the second quarter of 2013. Non-GAAP net income for the second quarter was $63 million, compared to $44 million for the second quarter of 2013. Non-GAAP measures exclude tax-affected stock-based compensation expense and tax-affected amortization of acquired intangible assets.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the second quarter was $145 million, or 27% of revenue, compared to $89 million for the second quarter of 2013, or 24% of revenue.
- GAAP diluted EPS for the second quarter was $(0.01), compared to GAAP diluted EPS of $0.03 for the second quarter 2013; non-GAAP diluted EPS for the second quarter was $0.51, compared to non-GAAP diluted EPS of $0.38 for the second quarter of 2013.
"LinkedIn delivered strong financial results in the second quarter while maintaining investment in our member and customer offerings," said Jeff Weiner, CEO of LinkedIn. "We made significant progress against several key strategic priorities including increasing the scale of job opportunities on LinkedIn; expanding our professional publishing platform; and continuing the strategic shift towards content marketing through Sponsored Updates."
Second Quarter Operating SummaryPlease note, in the second quarter of 2014, we reclassified recruitment media products from Marketing Solutions to Talent Solutions. Accordingly, prior period amounts have been recast to conform to the current period presentation. See our "Selected Company Metrics and Financials" table on the quarterly earnings section of the investor relations website for additional information.
- Talent Solutions (1) : Revenue from Talent Solutions products totaled $322 million, an increase of 49% compared to the second quarter of 2013. Talent Solutions revenue represented 60% of total revenue in the second quarter of 2014 and 2013.
- Marketing Solutions (1) : Revenue from Marketing Solutions products totaled $106 million, an increase of 44% compared to the second quarter of 2013. Marketing Solutions revenue represented 20% of total revenue in the second quarter of 2014 and 2013.
- Premium Subscriptions: Revenue from Premium Subscriptions products totaled $105 million, an increase of 44% compared to the second quarter of 2013. Premium Subscriptions represented 20% of total revenue in the second quarter of 2014 and 2013.
|(1) Recruitment media revenue was $18 million and $12 million in the second quarter of 2014 and 2013, respectively.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV