NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Outerwall Inc. (OUTR) are lower by -7.31% to $51 in after-hours trading on Thursday, following the company's report that net income for the 2014 second quarter declined to $21.8 million, or $1.08 per diluted share, compared to $46.9 million, or $1.77 per diluted share, for the year ago period.
The company, which provides automated retail solutions, said revenue for the most recent quarter declined to $549.2 million from $553.1 million for the 2013 second quarter.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
"We rate OUTERWALL INC (OUTR) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself."
OUTR data by YCharts
TheStreet Ratings team rates OUTERWALL INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV