American Water Resources, a provider of Service Line Protection and In-Home Plumbing Emergency Programs, is offering Water Line and Sewer Line Protection to homeowners in New Hampshire.
Until a homeowner experiences a service line problem, many are unaware that they are responsible for the maintenance of the water and sewer lines that service their home. Since repairs to these pipes are not covered by most homeowners’ insurance policies, the job of finding, hiring, and paying someone to fix a service line problem falls solely on the homeowner. Without the right services and support, the process can be extremely unpleasant and expensive – costing up to thousands of dollars. Many Americans have misconceptions about what this process entails. Nick Robles, American Water Resources (AWR) Contractor Network Manager, a licensed Master Plumber with 15 years of experience, provides insight into what the necessary steps are to repairing a water line problem:
Step 1. Recognize the Problem
Pooling water or sink holes on your lawn, high water bills, plumbing malfunctions (e.g. can’t use your shower, toilet or sink), and excessive water in your yard or basement are signs that something may be wrong with your water line.Step 2. Find a Qualified Contractor Finding a good contractor can be a complicated task. To get started, you need to do your research to determine if they are properly licensed. Once you select a contractor, you will need to manage the relationship, including all follow ups, billing and problems that might arise. Step 3. Contractor Assessment Once you get a contractor out to your property, the contractor will have to find the leak and assess the damage. The timing and cost for locating the leak depends on the severity of the leak or break and the length of your service line.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV