NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- BorgWarner
(BWA) shares are down -3.7% to $62.09 after the automotive systems and components supplier announced a full year earnings forecast between $3.25-$3.35 per share that fell short of analysts expectations of $3.36 per diluted share.
The company reported second quarter earnings of 89 cents per diluted share, 2 cents better than analysts expectations, on revenue of $2.2 billion that was in line with analysts' guidance.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates BORGWARNER INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate BORGWARNER INC (BWA) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value." BWA data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV