NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Four of the seven companies profiled today report quarterly results after the closing bell Thursday, and three report before the opening bell on Friday.
Tesla (TSLA) reports after the closing bell Thursday and is the biggest year-to-date gainer, up 52%. In second place and also reporting after the close is Public Storage (PSA), which has a year-to-date gain of 16%.
Read More: 8 Stocks George Soros Is Buying in 2014Dow Jones Industrial Average components Chevron (CVX) and Procter & Gamble (PG) report before the opening bell on Friday with Chevron up 5.8% year to date and Procter & Gamble down 4%. The Dow ended Wednesday up just 1.8% year to date. Weyerhaeuser (WY) also reports before Friday's opening bell with this stock up just 0.8%, so investors may yell "Timber!" if there's an earnings miss. Let's take a look at the stock profiles. Two "Crunching the Numbers" tables follow. Chevron ($132.53) set an all-time intraday high at $135.10 on July 24, which was a test of my quarterly risky level at $134.81. The stock is above all five key moving averages in today's first "Crunching the Numbers" table. Analysts expect the company to report earnings per share of $2.73. Chevron has a 12-month trailing price-to-earnings ratio of 12.9 and a dividend of 3.2%. The weekly chart is positive with its five-week modified moving average at $129.85 and its 200-week simple moving average at $109.95. Monthly and annual value levels are $123.74 and $118.80, respectively, with an annual pivot at $132.08 and quarterly and semiannual risky levels at $134.81 and $154.29, respectively. Read More: Warren Buffett's Top 10 Dividend Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV