NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries (TEVA) raised its profit forecast and reported second quarter earnings that beat analyst estimates as its generic division cut costs and a new version of the bestselling Copaxone drug gained traction, Bloomberg reports.
Profit excluding some costs was up 4% to $1.05 billion, or $1.23 a share, from $1.02 billion, or $1.20 a share, a year ago, the company said.
Analysts predicted $1.22, the average of 24 estimates compiled by Bloomberg.
Sales gained 2% to $5 billion, below the average analyst estimate of $5.09 billion.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. Shares of Teva Pharmaceutical are down -2.77 to $53.36. TheStreet Ratings team rates TEVA PHARMACEUTICALS as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate TEVA PHARMACEUTICALS (TEVA) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity." STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV