NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Ever since Telsa Motors (TSLA) and Panasonic (PCRFY) announced they would be partnering on the Gigafactory, it's become clear that the joint venture will transform the automotive industry. But this is not just important for those who want to own a cheaper version of the cool Tesla electric car.
The utilities and energy landscape will be hugely altered too.
The Gigafactory is expected to reach production of 500,000 cars per year in 2020, cutting battery costs by 30% or more. And economies of scale thanks to the factory will drive down the price of batteries not just for cars but for solar systems as well.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV