NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Nintendo Co. (NTDOY) are down -3% to $13.92 as the home entertainment products company declined to a worse-than-expected loss for the fiscal first quarter on lagging Wii U and 3DS video-game machine sales, the Associated Press reports.
Yet, the company is staying with its annual forecasts for a 20 billion yen ($196 million U.S.) profit on 590 billion yen ($5.8 billion) sales.
Nintendo reported a 9.92 billion yen ($97.3 million) loss compared with an 8.62 billion yen profit a year ago.
First quarter sales were 74.695 billion yen ($732.3 million), down 8% from a year ago.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. NTDOY data by YCharts STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV